Tuesday, July 12, 2016

AC Milan vs FC Bayern

I just purchased my tickets and I'm rather excited for the game.

Which team am I rooting for? AC Milan, of course.


EDIT: (7.29.16)

FC Bayern 3(3), AC Milan 3(5) - penalty

The weather near Lake Michigan was humid. It was a bad day to wear jeans and within five mintues of walking to find food before the game I my back was sweating as if I was in a sauna. As I walked towards Shake Shack I saw various soccer jerseys, ranging from Bayern Munich, Milan, USMNT, a couple of Bundesliga teams, LA Galaxy, Chicago Fire, Arsenal to Manchester United.

The walk towards Soldier Field was even worse, but once inside the stadium the climate dropped significantly. The stadium wasn't packed, just filling out near 40K people, but for an international soccer match in the US it's a good showing.

A vast majority of those who  came for either team were Bayern fans - practically 1 out of 10 were Milan fans as one Milan supporter put it. That was fine with me.

For whatever reason Bayern has a huge following in Chicago. Maybe it's because many in Chicago have German blood in them. Maybe they have family in Munich. Who knows. Whatever the reason, the fact that some woman dressed up as a German Beer Girl made my night (besides being the minority Milan fan surrounded by Bayern fans when the shootout came to an end). Honestly, it was funny, sexy, and a little strange.

Overall it was good game. Milan needs to strengthen their midfield and add some attacking power. I believe the team can finish in the top five since they already have the players to do it. Of course, the roster can be better (especially the reserves). It is what it is. Winter transfer will be crucial.

Besides a Milan win the city of Chicago, the city had much going on. Lollapalooza was starting the next day, so workers were putting any last minute barriers, and Cubs won over the White Sox later that night. As I boarded the train home I saw a sprinkling of Cubs and Sox apparel.

And yes, women who wear sundresses with high heels in the city at night look damn amazing. Don't stop what you're doing. Just don't walk on cobble stone.


No comments :