Friday, March 24, 2017

Lent Update & Parish Issues

I will be absolutely honest: I have failed miserably with keeping up with my Lenten promises. I won't say what my promises were since I'm rather ashamed of them.

There's about two weeks left for this liturgical season, so that means there's two weeks to "salvage" my set standards.

To start things off "right", I need to schedule a confession with one of my local parishes. I've tried to attend confession for the past two months, but every time there's a line that barely inches forward. I wonder what type of sins the people are confessing - must be serious. Since I help out at Saturday mass I need to be ready once the mass starts; due to the slow confession line I'm forced to yank myself out of queue in order for me to get to my spot on time. It's frustrating.

I'm not scheduled to help out this Saturday so I'm planning on attending confession at another parish, with hopes that the line will actually move and that the priest shows up on time. My home parish is  Novus Order type, the type that borders on being a Protestant mass. I'm sometimes a little embarassed by it. The other parish I'm eying for confession is also a Novus Order type but they're more "serious", a larger congregation and probably has more than one priest scheduled to hear sinners.

No comments :