Saturday, January 30, 2016

Meet Mike, the science nerd atheist.


Mike the atheist writes in his gravatar bio -
Hello,

I am an atheist because of reason and personal experience. I am a father of THREE lovely living kids and two dead embryos, married to a lovely Christian Catholic devoted woman. Yes, black and white can coexist as long as there is respect and love, which is something abstracted from any belief or religion.

I do not claim absolute truth and not 100% sure that a God does not exist somewhere out there. The scientific method is what I use to connect to reality. If there is something I don't understand, then it is because i don't understand, not because god exists.

In case you haven't noticed, I am a native Arab, and English is my third language (yes there is second language).

I like reading the Bible and the Quran and the critics of both of them. I also love watching documentaries especially astronomy, cosmology, Quantum Physics, and new discoveries in science in general, and Physics in particular.

I stumbled over Mike when he wrote this comment on another site.

"Why won’t this God manifest himself to me and the other billions of naked apes like me and reach people in very very very very questionable ways that nobody can check upon because they are personal?"

Respect and love, eh? Mike seems like a typical atheist douchebag. Proud that he's "the father" of "two dead embryos," and refers to humans as apes. Now if that's actually him pictured then he's just a man who gives off the impression that he's educated let alone reasonable.

His bio and his post, as well as his as site, broadcasts that he thinks (too) highly of himself. It's mightily ironic that his site's banner is of starving kids in Africa and the Middle East, telling us he's really torn about such a demographic and their plight given, if we're being generous, humans are basically advanced embryos. All of a sudden that if you can "see" the child that child is a human and therefore important (remember how he spoke of his three children versus his two dead embryos).

No comments :