Tuesday, May 29, 2018

Social Media.

This is comes from current cleaning of my mobile where I've decided to uninstall unused, if rarely used, apps alongside deleting or moving pictures and vids to a flash drive. I'm also thinking how I have been using social media and eliminating any accounts that aren't actually needed.

Facebook. Yes. Real Name. Main purpose to keep in touch w/ friends and family. Barely uploads pics.
Snapchat: No.
Instagram: No.
Twitter: Yes. Alias.
Viper: Yes. Real Name. Mainly used to talk to relative overseas.
Skype: Yes. Only used a few times to communicate w/ group projects; might keep it if group calls are needed.

I suppose you can count Linkedln as social media, and I do have an account, but my primary purpose are career networking and just putting my work experience up. I don't do anything on it besides those two. I am looking to make my own website where my CV will be present so I'm not sure where that would leave my Linkedln's profile since it'll make it redundant, but I suppose it's good to have just because it's become a staple among working professionals.

Compared to my peers and Gen. Y my use of social media is rather narrow since I don't use snapchat and instagram. An alias is used on twitter so I don't even count that. Viper and Skype are used only for specific purposes.

The criteria if an app would be kept are:

1. What it's purpose?
2. How often do I use it?
3. Why do I use it?
4. Is this app adding anything of value to my life?
5. Do I really need it?

Of course, this goes for spring cleaning your closet for anything that "builds up" (e.g., clothes, entertainment material, decorations, books).

As for this blog, it's just a way to pour my thoughts into. No one besides me and random visitors are aware of its existence.

No comments :