Friday, August 7, 2015

Top half of GOP debate. My thoughts.

I wasn't really disappointed in any of the candidates since I watched without much expectations. I wasn't too impressed with Governor Walker - he's probably the most vanilla of all the candidates that were shown tonight, but he is my personal favorite. He didn't say anything bad, but it wasn't "Yea! Totally! Woohoo!"

Mike Huckabee's response to female entrance to combat units and LGBT making waves in the military was magical. I thought he was sharp on what he said: The military's job is to kill and break stuff. It is not a social experiment for "equality" and "diversity"; to make it an experiment is to weaken the military overall and to make America vulnerable. This "social experiment" angers me. He also made some "R" rated comments on welfare. Most of his responses, that I remember, have impressed me.


"Lindsey" Ryan, a supposed military vet of 15 years, and a transgender (man to woman in this case) has some opposing worlds to say to Huckabee:


This is eerily the same tactic, if not appeal to emotions - "I've raised X number of kids with my partner," "my relationships/'marriage' is not a problem with my family/friends," - that the LGBT "community" use when countering those who oppose same-sex adoption and "marriage." This time it's how one transgender's fellow soldiers are okay with him being open about his state. I do not doubt that military personnel are fine with open LGBT servicemen; I also do not doubt that anything is actually better.

Jeb Bush's thoughts on immigration were great as well - to eliminate sanctuary cities and to make illegal aliens pay a fine and to make them enter the legal process towards legal citizenship not named Amnesty. His co-pilot on illegal immigration was Donald Trump. Of course. He basically said "to build a wall" alongside the Mexico border where there's a "big beautiful door" for those who want to enter legally. I agree. If the LGBT have their "gay pride" parade the illegal aliens have their "immigration reform" marches. It's fucking pathetic. And I bet many many Americans with Mexican blood and illegals are absolutely mad over how the candidates see illegal immigration. You know what? Their anger is misguided. They should be thankful that such people care about this country AND about healthy, legal immigration that makes America great.

Ben Carson was charming but he's in over his head; he didn't do bad, but he has nothing to offer when it comes to the presidency. I wouldn't oppose his recommendation as Surgeon General. He did say something brilliant: Do not broadcast your plays during war time. He also called out on how secular progressives relies on the sleeping people of America to vote for them. Leftists relies on the uninformed and the naive to say "Yes we can!"

Ted Cruz. I have to say he, besides, Rubio, is a gifted public speaker, but his pauses to hint for applause can be irritating. He, like Obama, is Ivy League educated through and through (if we don't count Occidental). I do sense of a bit arrogant, like Obama, but he's a different type of intelligence. Obama is clever and insidious; Cruz is sharp and direct.

Trump is Trump. He's a charismatic businessman. He did say some good words on why Obamacare sucks.

John Kasich did well. He's a patriot with common sense. I wasn't too hot on his response with same-sex "marriage" - he pulled the "went to a gay 'marriage' a few weeks ago and I think we need to love everyone. That's what Jesus said." Though he gives good talk about the economy, saying that a good economy is the solution to everything (I don't know about that), he's unaware of how important of the 'other' economy: The economy of marriage and family. He accepts that same-sex "marriage" is law of the land, still believes in traditional marriage yet he thinks it's best for America to just let the issue go die out, to let if fly into the sunset. The "non-bigots" have won this - it's end game according to him. Then again he is Anglican so I suppose I can forgive him.

I have mix feelings on how Rand Paul's performance. He picked fights with Trump and Christie - that's not smart when you need public favor to advance.

A few conservative/libertarian online news sites have said that there are three serious candidates (Walker, Cruz, Fiorina). Back then I would agree, but now I think that three have expanded to at least five: Walker, Cruz, Fiorina, Huckabee, Rubio and Kasich, just from this top half.

The questions asked by the moderators, Megyn Kelly, Chris Wallace and Bret Baier, were, for the most part, alright. The best question was how the current set of candidates dealt with the common "small government" claim while, whenever GOP wins the POTUS, expands government. This is a crucial question because it forces them to actually follow the claim with hopes to 'evolve' their stance to do such a thing.

I did not see the bottom GOP half with Carly Fiorina, which I hope to catch before the end of the week on re-run. Word has it she was the outright winner of her group. This is good news. The real question is if this debate has made the American people take serious interest in her, serious enough to move her up in the poll standings and to earn her a spot on the top half. It'll be interesting; I don't think she'll get over the hump of her non-name brand, but if she does then America is paying attention. America helped Obama's brand grow - from a little known Senator with barely three years of Congress experience to the fast track towards the White House, and they can do the same thing with Fiorina. But unlike Obama, who, after I do some serious thought, was groomed and pushed towards the White House by the established DNC, Fiorina would earn that GOP nomination in a less contrived way.

The social progressive zeitgeist has successfully implemented itself as present and future norm. Same-sex "marriage" is supported by more than 60% of the American population. Why? Because Americans are lazy thinkers and idiots when it comes to the institution of marriage. Abortion is on-demand even though there are small spurts of resistance to end late-term abortions. I thought the Planned Parenthood fiasco would be more of a hot button but it's not - the media has done a good job and the American people are too indifferent about it, even if they are aware of the videos. But they can show anger when black people die and strongly favor same-sex "marriage." What I'm trying to say is this: The American people have changed for the worse, but maybe they can surprise me.



No comments :