Tuesday, November 15, 2016

Blocking my posts.

Neo-neocon decided to block my posts on one of her articles concerning discussion of Stephen Bannan and the alt-right. I simply just posted my thoughts on the racist, white supremacist, white identity sect of the alt-right. Generalizing the alt-right as racist and anti-Semitic is unfair.

Neo-neocon is a smart lady, but she keeps pushing the belief that the alt-right is indeed racist. Other posters have noted that Breitbart.com has let the unsavory part of the alt-right to rule the comment box, which is true. She still thinks the alt-right is racist and anti-Semitic (neo-neocon is a secular, ethnic Jew). 

She probably thought my posts weren't adding anything to the discussion and, as she said in another article of hers, "I know you're trying to help" when I suggested to not care when she expressed worry for some of her close friends and family members deciding to move to Canada after Trump's historic election win. I think my comment greatly miffed her.

It's not like I felt she took my thoughts with any seriousness or respect in the first place. Then again I don't think most of the sites I visit and comment on see me as a person whose opinions should be taken seriously.

Such is politics and debate.  Such is life. As for this blog, I just write to get my thoughts out in order to make sense of what I'm experiencing. There's no doubt I annoyed the handful of visitors that I'm able to attract, probably making them think that their time here isn't worth spending.

UPDATE:

12.14.16 Another post of mine was published but later deleted by neo-neocon. I've come to the conclusion that my posts are only valid on certain non-political threads, say, like art or ballet. I suppose I'm not adding anything to her political posts hence their deletion.

No comments :