Monday, April 17, 2017

Reinvesting in my faith.

Easter Sunday has past and Christ has risen. I type that without feeling silly or strange. I type that with a much deeper appreciation and knowledge of Catholicism. If you asked me to say that out loud during my university years, or even my high school days, I'd feel somewhat strange. Within the next couple of days I'll be starting a post about how I came to where I am today with my faith.

People lose weight. They make promises to learn a new instrument or "be their true selves" - whatever that means. In the past couple of years I've started to take my faith more seriously. And I've also loss some weight (I'm nearing my high school weight).

Now, this is both unique and strange since my generation, especially those who were (sorta) raised Catholic, well, probably don't take their faith seriously. Whether they attended parochial schools till university or were products of the CCD system. They're are either non-religious/fallen away or, at best, cultural Catholics if not spiritual.

Being in your twenties while buckling down to get "in shape" for mass is the strange part. It's unique because it truly sets you apart - not "I'm non-binary and/or LGBT" outlier type, but truly unique in terms of transcendence. Even if you are non-binary or and/or LGBT subscribing to something that says no to your sexual urges is unique. Same goes for straights. When you're under-30 and have decided to reinvest in your faith in a traditional manner that's unique. That's interesting.

People will ask why. They'll ask what's the point. Both are good questions. Both I will try to answer in the up coming days.

"And be not conformed to this world; but be reformed in the newness of your mind, that you may prove what is the good, and the acceptable, and the perfect will of God."  
- Romans 12:2



No comments :