Thursday, October 2, 2014

Motherhood & Modernsim.


Enter IMDb. Enter IMDb's forum. Enter some fucked up shit.


continued -
There's a mother who backs her -

continued -


And then there's always that guy -

TL;DR?

Run down:

(1) Independence (Me, Myself, and I are #1; choice - as always)
(2) Indignant that there's a "spinster" and "selfish" taboo attached to being childless.
(3) Lack of global (not personal) resources & carbon footprint.

No mention of "If I fall in love, have sex, maybe get married and it happens then it happens." (Cause, you know, maybe having a child is the natural outcome when both parties are fertile and when ABC isn't used.)

Interesting that poster ShoddyCursive talks about suppressing the biological urge to have kinds. I can expand on that much more, but for now I'll leave that to an "update."

Here are my experiences with childless women: The three I know of, two of which never married (I think they were never offered the chance) but were good with kids  - both served as godmothers to my sibling and I. They are practicing Catholics. The third is my aunt. She was married in her early 40s so I guess her biological clock ran out. I bet that if I asked each of them why they didn't have kids, and showed them the answers above, they'd be mortified and maybe quite upset.

And in case if you're wondering, I am not Yorick mentioned. Yorick is a poster that tends to espouse more conservative views when compared to the rest of the posters, not always though, but enough for him to stick out like a sore thumb when it comes to topics like this (as you can tell he's the butt of the joke). 


No comments :