Tuesday, June 16, 2015

Becoming a "prude."

I'm
  • Trying to cuss less. [This goes to my writing as well. In real life I'm quite good at not cussing, probably because I was raised in a household where cussing was practically absent and my formal education, at least up until university life, did not instill such a habit nor did it encourage it. Every now and then I do cuss out of irritation or if I'm upset enough.]
  • Trying to avoid entertainment (tv, movies) where sex is is objectified, if not made trivial - for example teen sex scenes, sex scenes in general. This goes with nudity as well.  [I struggle with this. Not being "worldly" - at least not being aware of the talk in arts & entertainment - is a detriment and a handicap since I think it's vital in understanding what the secular world is tossing around. You have to know what they admire and praise in order to "figure" their mind. Besides education, arts & entertainment is one of the main arteries of modernism to express its deepest thoughts (though not really deep once you analyze them). I am not a supporter of "let-'em-have-it-who-cares" type of conservatism. That type didn't care much for higher education when it came to the social sciences & humanities, and now look at the state of education received at the elite private and public universities; that type didn't care much for creating quality, thoughtful entertainment and now look who dominates the "indie" movie market and prestigious film festivals.] 

Some people call it going "square" or being boring. I'd object to the boring accusation, if it were ever thrown at me.

 

No comments :