Friday, September 4, 2015

I don't need it, so why do you?

As I noted in previous posts, I am not a believer in that the LGBT suicidal rate is due to society's marginalization of such a demographic, at least in the United States. When you need a project like The Trevor Project to prevent LGBTQ(uesting) suicides then I think it's mainly due to the fragile psychological makeup that resides in the minds of those who are not 100% straight than the supposed backwards, bigoted and hateful society that's accused of pushing to put on a sad face and putting a plastic bag over their head.. I mean, you don't have blacks having their own free hot-line to call if they experience any direct or perceived racism. Nope. Not that I'm aware of any hot-line.

When you need to film your "coming out" to your parents and post it on youtube, then that's a huge sign that you're emotionally and psychologically fragile. When you cry "coming out" to your parents that's a huge sign that your sexual orientation isn't "normal." Parents don't do any of them - their kids and society at large - a favor when they support their children's same-sex relationship. 

I don't think I'm being insensitive. I'm just really tired of the LGBT and their supporters puffin out their chest like they just cleared a 20 ft height pole vault jump when they walk these types of red carpets.


Thanks Chris Colfer. I'm Asian. When I see another Asian in my mostly white neighborhood I say quietly to myself, "I am not alone," as small droplets of tears run down my cheeks.

Look, I support such non-profits but in no ways would I walk the red carpet like I'm fighting some kind of bigotry. I just don't support the approach and tone. I would walk the red carpet in support to curb suicides. Because suicide, for whatever reason, ain't cool. Oh, and to get same-sex attraction back in the APA as a disorder.

The whole "It Gets Betters" organization (which is also its slogan) and "You are not alone" slogan, as I reflect on the nature and tone of each, is just filled with self-righteousness. I would loathe to be in such at an event hearing speaker after speaker talk rail about "being strong" and shit like that. Many of these events - and I say this after talking to people who attend - are just events to inject a high dose of "Oh god! Oh god! My energy is up! It's gay all day!" I suppose the end justify the means. Whatever it takes for you to not cut off the oxygen to your brain or leap off a building crushing vital bones and spilling intestines on the concrete below.

Note: Apparently if a girl wears a snapback there's a good chance she isn't straight as said by these two girls. If true, that sucks. I think girls look mighty cute in snapbacks (not all, of course). It's a signal to other women who may not be straight as an invitation to "come hither," sorta like how men wear a gold chain around their neck to tell women they're available or when women wear a gold ankle bracelet to signify the same thing.This doesn't account for every person who wears a bracelet - some just wear it as jewelry without any sexual meaning, but the "availability" talk is the "heard it through the grapevine" working.

No comments :