Saturday, September 19, 2015

Meet Jordan Crook.

Jordan Crook is the Senior Writer for TechCrunch. I first found out about Crook when she interviewed professional basketball player Harrison Barnes. The interview was relatively interesting, going into how technology plays a part in Harrison's life on and off the court.

In the beginning the voice over was really irritating, and I immediately thought to myself that the person speaking is either a girl who is taking hormones to be "the right gender" or just a lesbian techie. It was the latter. And whoa.

Crook is a horrible interviewer - her posture sucks and she awkwardly is leaning forward, elbows resting on her knees. It's just weird. Her questions were okay; like I said the entire interview was relatively interesting. Harrison mentioned that he didn't have the mind of an engineer and that coding wasn't his strong suit, but I get the feeling he knows more about coding than Crook.

You may be asking why am I acting this way towards Crook? Honestly, her entire demeanor was just odd to me. I didn't want to assume, but I dd anyways. I assumed that her twitter account would be either of two things. In her bio she writes "Voice of a generation." I'm not entirely sure what that means, but I have a vague ballpark understanding, and if that vague ballpark is correct then she's filled with hubris.

First, her tweets being tech related, and the second being that she'll tweet about LGBT issues. I assumed correctly. I went down her tweet history and landed on September 11th. No tweets about the attack or about remembrance. The tweets that day were nothing related to the country's soul or to the victims of that day. I then scrolled down to July 4th. I did find a tweet linking to a stamp of the American flag with the word EQUALITY underneath. I saw where this was going. No mention of how thankful she is about the country she lives in or any pics of an All-American barbecue, or even a toast of alcohol towards the country. Nothing any of that sort. I then scrolled down to June 26th. What I found were many tweets about the Obergefell v Hodges decision. In one tweet Crook said that she was happy that the government recognized her as a "human capable of love." In another she admitted to leaving a voicemail on her mom's cell asking her to "pick the state and I'll pick the girl."

So, by (A) the tone of her voice before I even saw her face (B) her posture while interviewing and (C) her role as Senior Writer  -- what qualifies her for this role I do not know, I basically read her like a book. My assumptions were right, and I'm glad they were right because that means my instincts when understanding the mentality of people like Crook is that her type (techies) are paper thin people who are boring as fuck. She doesn't come across as interesting. Almost everything personal I've come across from her tells me she's filled with narcissism. I mean, yes, I'm being judgmental on one public appearance and just a skim through twitter, but when I hit the bulls-eye that should count for something.

Yes, she dresses like a guy and so I thought she had to be a lesbian if not bisexual before she even mentioned about her "equality." She said her gaydar was horrible in one tweet - my gaydar is finally tuned and it accurately read, "You're are one typical lesbian." But why does it matter? In the grand scheme of things it doesn't, but one's fashion can tell some things about the wearer. One's tweets can say a lot about the person tweeting. She never tweeted anything beyond herself on two very important dates that truly defines the country, and when she did it was in reference of June 26th. I guess that's the only July 4th she ever saw the American flag in a reverent way.

In the end, Jordan Cook is a predictable person living in Brooklyn, making a living in an industry that leans to the modern left. All of a sudden that cubicle worker who lives in the Midwest seems much more appealing.


No comments :