Tuesday, September 1, 2015

Modern Pathos: Personal Relationships & Economic Social Justice


So how many significant others do you go through like a pair of jeans? I'm just wondering before I (a) make-out with you and (b) have sex with you.

Wait, each past relationship "had a voice"? Interesting. What did you learn from each? Oh, you "grew" as a person and "learned" what you "wanted." What is it that you learned and wanted?

*crickets*

[mouths off some generic, cliche standard devoid of anything transcendent]

I see.

So I head you traveled to India and Ghana and Mexico. How was that? Oh, you learned a lot about yourself and now consider yourself a "global citizen." What did you learn about yourself? Ah, we're all the same and now you're a human rights advocate teaming up with Emma Watson and Angelina Jolie to save women from poverty in Africa. Well, I'm gonna go down to my city's soup kitchen and volunteer while I mentor a young black teenager in the inner city. I'm thinking of donating at least five percent of my income to the charity of my choice even though I make less than 40K a year.

No comments :