Thursday, November 12, 2015

My eye on Yale.

I've decided a couple of months ago that an MBA might actually help my career & personal goals. The recent student bitch fest is making me hesitant to even apply to Yale SOM.

I'm starting to think the students at Yale aren't nearly as smart as they, their parents and the institution's administration believe to be. It just feels Yale's a poser of enlightenment and brilliance. The vibe is of regression. Honestly, I'm not even impressed with most Yale alumni I've come across - in fact, I was turned off by them and it made me question the quality of the student body not it terms if they can test well on an entrance exam or their book smarts, but their ability practice critical thinking and their maturation to surrender to humility. There's almost zero humility in what I've witnessed.

The saving grace is that Yale College and its graduate programs tend to keep to themselves, so if I ever do apply, am accepted and attend I'd mostly avoid the arrogant know-it-alls in the College for the most part due to the segregation of the programs. The flip-side is that it's an MBA, and the top MBA programs - so I heard - tend to have its own arrogant students. 

"But it's Yale!"

It is, but given some reflection and the recent pathetic chaos - So What. The Yale brand is shield against criticism and that's what I detest in the institution's dealing of its child-like tantrum among the student body.

Below is a parody done by a handful of Harvard undergraduates that poke at Yale students and what they say about their institution. It's mostly harmless stuff and plays off the (friendly) rivalry between each institution.


Given the recent events at Yale I think the video should updated to include Shrieking Girl. The great irony of this video is at the 3:59 mark. Does the man in the blue oxford shirt look familiar? That's professor Nicholas Christakis who almost became a sacrificial lamb because he dared to allow un-PC costumes to be worn on Halloween at, you guessed, Yale. He was a Harvard professor during the time of this video. 

No comments :