Monday, February 16, 2015

Don't Eat Bread, Don't Eat Rice

If you're watching what you eat and want a healthier, leaner body, this is the usual food advice given by "experts" or those who weight lift call "bro-science." It's not "don't eat fatty and unhealthy foods" and "eat in moderation," no, it's paleoshit diet and "I didn't know I couldn't eat gluten!" to "ghee butter is in harmony with the earth!"

Fuck the "experts" and fuck the "bro-science" (to a degree). 

Most particularly white pasta and bread are the main evils, so they say, when it comes to grains and pasta. Instead of white pasts turn to wheat. I say bullshit. I don't need "science" to back me up. All I need are observations of different cultures that aren't the Wannabe Lance Armstrongs & Organic Cult of U.S. of A.

Ten years from now "experts" will say "Pasta in general is bad, even wheat! Eat bark instead!" Then it will catch on like wildfire in places like San Francisco & the Bay Area, L.A., San Diego, Portland, Seattle and N.Y.C. Then places like Boston and Austin will later jump on the bandwagon. Commence the "progressive" food wave of the future.

I'll turn to countries that fucking love bread, meat and pasta: Germany, Italy and France. Germany loves their meat. Italy loves their pasta and France loves their pastries (flour). I'll turn to Asian countries like China and the Philippines for their rice. White rice, that is. All of these countries aren't known to be fat, or at least have the weight stigma that covers America.

I'll make my own (white) *pasta, if not I'll buy it. I'll eat white rice, not wheat.

*Homemade pasta is rather simple to make: flour and a couple of eggs, all combined.

No comments :