Sunday, February 1, 2015

Old men. Bad advice.

I'm 44 years old, bald, slightly overweight, and married. I have two kids, a dog, a mortgage, and work in a generic corporate environment. I hunt, shoot, drink, smoke cigars, and often piss people off with my opinions, when I don't do my normally good job of keeping those opinions to myself. I'm about as far from the stereotypical "hipster" as I can be. I learned a long time ago to not judge others' motives for anything unless it directly impacts me or the things or people important to me. Just like everyone else, hipsters support the economy and have their place. Just like the rest of us. If someone scraping by on minimum wage or slightly higher wants to save up for something nice, more power to them. If they want to go into debt with credit cards, etc. to do the same thing, have at it. It doesn't bother me. It's none of my business. If someone wants to spend more money on their clothes, outward appearance, or lifestyle than on their 500 sq foot roach infested apartment or live in a van down by the river, fantastic. I'm glad you're happy with your choice! Again, it doesn't impact me. Life is too short to worry about others' life choices, style choices, political choices, money choices, or personal choices unless they directly impact me or what's important to me.
Old men giving bad advice is like teachers going full retard with social justice. Both should know better.

This can all be said in a more succinct manner: Just don't give a shit.

No comments :