Friday, May 29, 2015

Stuff you find on the internet.

It's always interesting when I either use bing or google to reach sites that I want to read and dig through. I entered "Thinking Housewife" (TH) because I wanted to re-read an entry, saying to myself "Just click on the official site and don't even look at the links below that,"  given pass results.

Well that didn't turn out as planned.

The word "white supremacist" showed up under a site called "pax on both houses." Oddly enough "pax" seems to like Pope Francis as opposed to TH. I then scrolled down to the bottom of the site to see a picture of what I presume is him and some other guy. Now, this "other guy" was sitting rather intimately with "pax", so I took the bait and figured that he was his "partner." I clicked on his profile and then followed a link entitled "Catholicism As if God is Love." That link led to this page. Not too surprising.
Afterthought:

Jesus made no reference to homosexuality or abortion - a peculiar “oversight” for an individual who, according to Christian orthodoxy, participated in the omniscient nature of God. 

Did Yeshua fail to see that homosexuality and abortion would become the signal red button issues of post-Modern Christianity?

And in light of the presumed importance of these two burning issues, why did Yeshua not provide specific guidance?

On the other hand, Jesus did say: “Love your enemies. Do good to those who persecute you."

Literalists!

It's your move.

Are we to lather ourselves over what Jesus did not say?

Or are we to devote ourselves wholeheartedly to what he did say?

And is the former an excuse to avoid the latter?

"Judge not lest you be judged. For with the same measure that you mete out, it shall be meted out to you."

Salvation is in our hands and hinges on whether we make mercy-love the measure of our lives.
I'm not sure if "pax" is a homosexual, I wouldn't be surprised, but I did take away these things that can't be mistaken or assumed: He sounds like a person who uses the Bible, practically uses every other page, to seek out verses that defends the "judge me not" and "make this world a better place" all within the empty mindset of "do good" aka approve of homosexuality, abortion and and other socially liberal and innately immoral "personal" decisions.
Alan [pax]: There are two dogs in this fight.

One is convinced that scripture, doctrine and tradition are supreme.

The other is convinced that acts of love arising from mercy, compassion and forgiveness are supreme.

I suppose most people find themselves in one camp or the other as a result of genetics, conditioning, "cultural momentum" or perceived fidelity to "common sense." 
He quotes Albert Einstein saying common sense is just "a collection of prejudices." His numerous mentions of his subtle irritation for social conservatives, or American conservatives as it sometimes shows up on his blog, is also telling. One would rightly say that I might be of the opposite side of the coin for my numerous mentions and entries about homosexuality, and fair enough, but I definitely have the upper hand because, unlike Alan/pax, I do not desperately find ways to convince myself that homosexuality and same-sex attraction - alongside abortion - is okay simply because it was not mentioned as "wrong" in the Bible. I don't really track down what goes on with the LGBT world, it's just that MSM makes it immensely easy to catch up on whatever story is trending when it comes to such a demographic. What conclude is that it's a bizarre world filled with sadness, bitterness and spiteful (I'll confess I can be rather spiteful as well).

Alan/pax is one of those people, who ironically disdains Bible literalists, becomes a literalist himself in order to A) further and totally misunderstand social conservatives and B) to suck my dick, hold hands with the same-sex (seriously, it ain't cute nor does it warrant an "awww!") and C) wrap himself with a blanket of delusional biblical defenses for same-sex lip locking.

Alan/pax reminds of that one site of a transgender woman who seriously thought Aquinas' Five Ways proved that trasngenderism was totally A-OKAY, and what as legit as the male and female sexes. You know what, forget what Einstein said (I'm surprised he didn't quote Gandhi when it came to war issues). Common sense tells me that it's not legit. It's fucked messed up.

Saving grace about Alan/pax? If he is Catholic, well that's great. But he's a Catholic that, maybe unknowingly, wants to have his cake and eat it too.

No comments :