Wednesday, May 20, 2015

You probably are incapable of running a small island.

Theodore Beale aka Vox Day.

Vox isn't nearly as smart as he thinks he is.

I admire when he shows-up SJWs and feminists. I get annoyed when he flaunts his supposed grand IQ, as well as him claiming to be Native American - at least more % than Elizabeth Warren can claim, but at the end of the day I don't give two shits because he doesn't even live in the U.S. 
And here I am supposed to be impressed by a Bachelor's degree in Philosophy of Language from a second-tier Midwestern university?
As opposed to a non-second tier not located in the Midwest? What does getting a degree in the same major from a first-tier university say? Higher test scores upon entrance? Maybe. More ambition? Maybe. Wait, Vox is rather proud of his supposedly high IQ so no wonder he plays the "tier" game. Is Vox even a college graduate (not that is actually matters). I guarantee that I am more familiar with "tiers" and what goes into them than Vox. I'm irritated because of the arrogance that oozes out of that quote. It really annoys me.

I also think Vox's race theories are somewhat laughable.

If there are two things that greatly make me think Vox is an idiot, and more of a man trying to delude himself that he's greater and more successful than he actually is, it's when he becomes arrogant about his IQ and his race theories (when he does, he loves to mention that he's Native American -- sometimes it comes to a point where I think he wants brownie points for "his people", kinda like some third cousin of royalty wanting to impress people).

Due to his arrogance I'm not as intrigued to read any of his novels. I'm barely familiar with the sci-fi genre; the only book that I've read that would be rightfully be categorized as "sci-fi" is Orson Scott Card's Ender's Game (which I fully enjoyed). I an going to read a couple of John C. Wright's novel (far more humble than Vox Day, far more intelligent than Vox Day, far more insightful than Vox Day when it comes to commenting on modernism). I do remember when Wright rejected Vox's "alpha male" view on sex and romance, and when Vox Day found out he offered some sort of neutral response that ended up making him look like a mega pussy (probably because he knew he was going toe-to-toe with a person who has a greater amount of intelligence that an IQ test cannot measure, is a married man, and is a better fiction writer). So much for being "alpha" when met with another man, Vox.

But hey, as I said I admire Vox's strength when dealing with feminists and SJWs. He also comments on atheism as well, which I appreciate. IQ, race, even war/military ... All I can say I respectfully disagree.

No comments :