Wednesday, April 6, 2016

Don't name your kids after yourself.

In a situation where I thought I chose the doctor of my choice, I was met with disappointment a few weeks later. I reviewed several doctors in my area that were within my network - saw one that I liked and sent in my choice.

The first issue was that he was named after his father who is also a doctor in the same state and area. Instead of choosing Jr. I chose Sr. I was initially upset, but thought that is wasn't as bad as I thought it was. I was wrong again.  I looked up Sr.'s reviews and they weren't good; they were the opposite of his son's.

The second issue was when I called my doctor's office to make an appointment. The receptionist asked who my doctor was, I gave him his name, and said to wait for a moment. She came back and replied that he wasn't accepting any new patients. Okay, why the fuck would the system assign me a doctor that wasn't accepting new patients? I was later given over to a nurse practitioner since my issue - getting an immunization sheet field out - wasn't an actual medical appointment that was serious.

It's a good thing I can change my doctor (and do much better research on my part) every month with my plan.

Did it ever occur to Sr. that maybe, just maybe, there might be some mix-up between him and his son? Add that they're in the same profession and the same area. For a doctor he definitely did not analyze this predicament. Or  maybe he did and did not care.

No comments :